Save £149 on all regular dolls with code "SSW2023"

Is sex with a sex doll cheating?

3 min read

As sex dolls become more popular in the UK, people are starting to ask the question; is sex with a sex doll cheating?

In the courtroom

In a court of law, having sex with a sex doll does not constitute as adultery. After all, no matter how real they look, they're not human. If you’d like the legal opinion, MD and solicitor at Decoded Legal has gone on record to say that:

“Having sex with a robot does not constitute adultery. Adultery is only conducted between a respondent and a person of the opposite sex.’

Of course, the definition of cheating varies from person to person; is a peck on the lips cheating? Is a snog? Or does it have to be full-on sex? As these surveys reveal, for some people, performing these actions on a doll is seen as just as much of a betrayal than if they were done with another human.

Who would have sex with a sex doll?

A survey carried by the Daily Mail revealed that more than a third of people in the UK would consider having sex with a sex doll. Of everyone surveyed, 39% think that we'll be having relationships with robots by 2050. Professor Noel Sharkey of Sheffield University stated:

“Robots will increasingly join sex dolls in the porn industry in the coming years.”

It's unclear how advanced people think these robots will be, and if innovations like artificial intelligence will play a part. Either way, the sex doll industry is undeniably growing as people become more open to the idea of owning one.

Would you be horrified if you found out your partner had intercourse with a sex doll?

If you answered yes, then you’re part of the 40% of people that think sex with a robot isn’t cheating; according to the website That leaves 60% who think it does constitute as cheating.

On the against side of the argument, people believe that their partners use of a sex doll, takes away from the attention and love that they would otherwise receive. And for those that don't believe it's cheating, they see the doll as nothing more than an inanimate sex toy. After all, where do you draw the line? Is using a Fleshlight cheating or is it only when that toy becomes human-like?

The study, which surveyed 800 people, also asked whether the use of a sex doll would stop them from cheating. Only 5% said that sleeping with a sex doll would stop them from cheating on their partner with 15% unsure. This just goes to show that a sex doll is rarely the problem when it comes to breakups and is not a substitute for a broken relationship.

Our verdict: it's up to you

So now the results are in, what's your opinion? The key takeaway is that everyone should expect the use of sex dolls and even robots to rise in the next 10 to 50 years. What's really important is that if you're in a relationship, both people should be comfortable with whatever goes on in the bedroom. If you and your partner are curious and enjoy a bit of experimenting, there’s no harm done. A sex doll can do wonders for a relationship and sometimes has bonuses over threesomes which can cause rifts in friendship and awkwardness - so go for it!

Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.

Also in Buyers Information, Industry News

Why More People Are Buying Sex Dolls
Why More People Are Buying Sex Dolls?

2 min read

Sex dolls have always been a bit of a social faux pas. Even with the UK's and Europe's relatively open-minded attitude towards sex
Differences Between TPE & Silicone Sex Dolls
Differences Between TPE & Silicone Sex Dolls

4 min read

When we’re talking about high-quality sex dolls - not the blow-up types you see being dragged along to stag nights - there are two main types to choose from: TPE (or thermoplastic elastomers for those who give a damn) and silicone.
How To Properly Maintain Your Sex doll
How To Properly Maintain Your Sex Doll

4 min read

Just like any normal woman, sex dolls need a bit of attention and care. You should follow a few guidelines when having sex with your doll, while storing and cleaning it after use.